Field of Science

New season of lovely skeptic-lectures

Kick me if the Skeptics Society hasn't managed to schedule some very interesting talks this spring. For example:

Natural Experiments of History with Dr. Jared Diamond
Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 2 pm.

and

Does God have a Future?
A debate between Deepak Chopra & Jean Houston v. Michael Shermer & Sam Harris.
Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 2 pm.

I don't know Jean Houston, but Deepak Chopra is of course completely insane (or, at least going for the ride pretending to be). I have never heard Harris speak live, so I might just go to this.


Update 1/25:
I just reserved two tickets to the March 14 debate. Yeah! I don't have anybody I would imagine would want to join me, but I was recommended to reserve all I'll need because they were down to 100 out of 1100 tickets already. Anybody in need of a ticket?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Markup Key:
- <b>bold</b> = bold
- <i>italic</i> = italic
- <a href="http://www.fieldofscience.com/">FoS</a> = FoS